In 2006, Minneapolis Public Schools created a Community Partner Process to identify and certify all community partners, assuring the safety of students, and the security and integrity of student data. Since then, we have continued to seek out ways to enrich both our students' learning experience and our schools' environment by bringing community partners into our schools. These partnerships have continued to offer various advantages to our community and students.
Advantages to Students:
1. Matches resources to school and student needs so services are targeted and the potential for student success is increased.
Advantages to Schools:
1. Provides assurances that the Community Partner will adhere to district policies.
2. Provides assurances that background checks have been completed for Community Partners who provide services to students without the direct supervision of MPS staff.
Advantages to Community Organizations:
1. The contracting process, used consistently at all schools, makes it easier for community organizations to make connections with schools.
2. The contracting process provides a means for Community Partners to continue relationships with schools in the event of MPS staff transition.
Elisa Iha is focused on school and district level community partners, and access to student data. She is always looking for ways to strengthen and build upon current partnerships, and work collaboratively to ensure alignment with school needs, and partner goals.
Maren is available to help the district’s community partners access data and learn how to use evaluation to inform program improvement and drive student success. She leads the district's efforts to provide organizations with technical assistance on data collection, evaluation, and analysis. She holds a Masters of Public Policy from the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey School, where she focused on program evaluation and education & youth policy.